5 Things I Love about DBL
June is soon coming to an end, which means DBL Camp 2012 is going to take place very, yes, very soon! I know you all have your own checklist of thing to bring to the camp and what not, but allow me to give you my very own “checklist” of things I enjoyed most from the camp.
- Get to know the stars – It’s not every day you get to play with NBA and NBL stars. To actually meet them in person at the camp and to play with them and even to get to know them, for me, is like a dream come true (a good dream, not a bad dream).
- Make new friends – when you first meet your fellow campers, you might think that they are all rivals. Some of you might be a little bit “minder” – just like I was when I first arrived for the camp. Some will come with huge confidence and make you think that you won’t get along well. But after a week, the camp would be one of the most cherished moments of your life.
- Learn – You might think that all you’re going to do in camp is fight for a ticket to the US, but from all the feedbacks and comments from the NBA stars and the coaches you get, you are actually learning to be an even better basketball player. No matter how good you are, you will be greatly benefited from the camp.
- Get free stuff (haha) – in the camp you get free shirts, free shoes, free this and that. Who wouldn’t want to get a new basketball shoes, from Indonesia’s leading brand, for free? Besides that, I consider the stuff given away “free-edition”. Who else would have a DBL Camp 2012 polo shirt besides you, Indonesia’s top basketball player? Think about it.
- Have fun – I know it sounds like as if I am out of ideas or cheesy by putting “have fun” at the end of every “top 5” list I’ve made; but at the end of the day, after all the hard work, all the ups and downs, you actually want more. More of what? Of the fun you get on the camp.
I hope you are all excited for camp! Good luck
Surabaya 16-18 Agt 2009
NBA Assistant Coaches:
Neal Meyer (LA Clippers)
(Port. Trail Blazers)